August 26, 2014
One of the first interesting cases I worked in the Contact Center Express TAC was related to silent monitoring and recording. Coming fresh from RTP (Research Triangle Park), I had taken numerous cases where switching or switch based features were of concern and was familiar with troubleshooting that. However with every Cisco VOS platform there is also the challenge of configuring the virtual network appropriately in VMware. If there is a misconfiguration sometimes it can be time consuming to figure out where and what the actual problem is.
Over the course of this issue I kept documenting our troubleshooting and thought it would be helpful to have an example configuration for our customers. With the help of some colleagues and many months of waiting I am proud to finally share this article.
June 26, 2014
At work I do a lot of troubleshooting of Cisco Contact Center Express, MediaSense and SocialMiner. In doing so, I noticed that many of the issues that I was seeing with MediaSense were due to network infrastructure limitations (ACLs) as opposed to actual configuration problems.
After reaching out to one of my colleagues on the CUCM team, I wrote a document to help customers, partners and other engineers more quickly troubleshoot basic MediaSense problems. After writing and making some changes, I got an email this morning that it finally got published.
Matchday - May 10, 2014
Made a weekend trip to support the Carolina RailHawks in San Antonio since I haven't been to a game since I moved to Texas. Met up my good friend Amit and his wife and brought them out to the game and also picked up Matthew who made the trip from Raleigh.
The supporters group the Crocketteers definitely made the trip awesome and embraced Matthew and me and had us join their tailgate. We talked about their team, our team, and the future for their stadium as well as other developments in the league.
We ended up losing 3-0 but it was still a great match to watch but the players really appreciated our singing (we hope) and made it a point to take a picture with a Fanatic out of place from the Triangle.
Yesterday I went to upgrade Joomla from my old version about 6 months old to a newly released version. As I have not managed this site in too much detail outside of the occasional post, I did not think to back everything up as something could go wrong, and as the story goes, I upgraded with the auto update tool and the upgrade failed in a few parts.
Ended up going to a Joomla forum to see if they could help but they pretty much said the same things I tell customers when they call with questions or major changes need to be made to the system, "Keep backups. Know what you're doing when making changes. Document any changes made and error message. etc."
Thankfully though after a few hours of headache but mostly waiting, it's all back up, and I have a backup stored safely just in case any updates pop up soon!